Patch Notes: Next
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:25 pm
Last Updated: Nov 11th 2018
Misc and Bug Fixes
Last Updated: Nov 11th 2018
Misc and Bug Fixes
- The Outpost upgrade action now has a tooltip explaining the benefit of upgrading it.
- Re-enabled the ability to upgrade an Outpost to a Fortress. It requires the Outpost to be Level 5 (was 3+) and is not available to Tribal Chiefs (at this time).
- An "unassigned" filter has been added to the various Worker selection dialogs.
- A "Go To" button has been added to the Battle notification. This pans the map to the location of the battle without closing the window.
- Selecting a site in the Military Window during the recruitment process will now center the map on the selected site. This makes it possible to distinguish between Mana Nodes with the same name, and thus to select the intended location for the new unit. It's not perfect, as it may require dragging the Military Window to see enough of the map. A better UI mechanism will be introduced later, but this fix is a useful work around until that time.
- Fixed a bug where "Related Projects" was showing 0 for all masteries in the information tooltip.
- Fixed a crashbug related to dungeon expeditions.
- Fixed a crashbug related to saving/autosaving when a prebattle option is active and/or pending resolution.
- Fixed a bug where some mechanics based on post-battle loss tracking for manually resolved battles ended up using negated values.
- Fixed a crashbug related to characters with no religion or patron deity being assigned to gather recruits.
- Fixed a bug causing Trogolodytes to sometimes not have weapon attacks.
- Fixed an issue with the Diplomacy window where the Faction elements would not respond to clicks made in the mid-upper region.
- Fixed a crashbug caused by inspecting some special unit types in the Tribal Military window.
- New weapon type: Scythe. An agricultural implement which is not particularly suited to warfare, and only used in the most desperate of circumstances. It is more commonly used by various supernatural creatures.
- New weapon type: War Scythe. Either a modified agricultural implement or crafted as a dedicated weapon. It is similar to the bladed spear, but has slightly lower base damage (4 vs 5), better armor penetration (2 vs 1), better reach (6 vs 5), and anti-cavalry instead of versatile.
- Raising Undead units from Ancient Battle Sites now grant units based on the ones available to the Wizard. High Necromancy mastery thus increases the chance of better units being gained.
- Wizards with Necromancy mastery can now raise undead from the fallen after winning a battle. Each fallen unit may have one or more options - most units can become zombies, only archers can become skeletal archers, only cavalry can become skeletal cavalry, etc. Only living units are valid targets for this. To access this, view the battle report (either quick or full details).
- Purge Infection. Level 4 Death spell. Secondary mastery is Light. Unlocked by research which requires (Death 3 + Light 2) OR (Death 3 + Arcane 3 + Enchantment 3). Purges Blight and dispellable effects based on Pestilence magic. The total power of effects which can be dispelled is based on mastery levels: Death*3+Enchantment+Arcane+Light. Any Blight is prioritized and counts as (Blight level*3)/2 power. Effects are randomly chosen from valid ones on armies, units, sites, the hex itself or the province. The power for these is counted as (Level * 2)+1 power - with Province-based effects counting as triple this. Can also be used during battle to dispel all Pestilence-based effects from a Unit. During battle if the target has the Pestilence tag it suffers 10 hits at 5 Radiant Damage each. Cost is 8 Mana (as world or battle spell).
- Power Word: Doom. Level 8 Death spell. Battle spell only. Inflicts Greater Doom on the target unit, which lasts 7 rounds and cannot be dispelled. -2 Toughness, - 2 Courage, -1 Melee Skill, Vulnerability increased by 2 vs Physical/Arcane/Dark/Radiant, counters Hardy ability. Any active Doom effect is dispelled. Cost is 19 Mana.
- Doom cannot be cast on a target afflicted with Greater Doom.
- Shadow Mastery 3 now unlocks Lesser Shades.
- New Unit: Hopefire Rune Wolves. Research project to unlock is available if the Wizard has (Good Alignment + Rune 1 + Beasts 1) OR (Rune 2 + Beasts 3 + Light 1). They deal +50% damage to Demons and Undead.
- New Unit: Wolves. Not yet available to any player factions, but can be utilized by various events and non-player factions.
- New Unit: Nether Shades. Unlocked by Death Mastery 3.
- New Unit: Lesser Nyxian Valkyries. Unlocked by Death Mastery 4. Similar to Lesser Valkyries, with worse base stats + equipment, lacking Inspiring, but having Relentless Pursuit, bonus Dark damage+resistance, +25% damage vs Undead and lower cost.
- New Unit: Nyxian Valkyries. Unlocked by Death Mastery 6. Similar to Valkyries, with worse base stats + equipment, lacking Inspiring, but having Relentless Pursuit, Unsettling, bonus Dark damage+resistance, +25% damage vs Undead and lower cost.
- New Unit: Greater Nyxian Valkyries. Unlocked by Death Mastery 8. Similar to Greater Valkyries, with worse base stats + equipment, lacking Inspiring, but having Terror, Unsettling, bonus Dark damage+resistance and +25% damage vs Undead.
- New Unit: War Dogs. Available to Tribal Chiefs from camps with the Beast Pens upgrade - or baseline if they have a culture with Animal Affinity: Dogs.
- New Unit: Armored War Dogs. Not yet available to any player factions, but can be utilized by various events and non-player factions.