- New Battle Spell: Drain Life. Deals 12 Dark damage hits on up to 8 targets in a unit. Each kill gives the caster 1 Soul resource.
- New Resources: Souls and Greater Souls. Have no effects yet, but will be part of Demon and Dark magic mechanics.
- Market can now handle resources which are not tradeable, either permanently or due to lack of prerequisites.
- If Rebels conquer a city, a leader will now be generated from the relevant culture and faction.
- Added greeting messages from newly encountered factions. These are phrased based on the attitude/traits/alignment of the player and non-player faction and give some hints as to the initial disposition in regards to diplomacy. Factions with a leader also show the name, portrait and (public) stats of the relevant character..
- Some character stats are now hidden when dealing with non-player characters (level, favored status, possibly others later).
- Added more tool tips to the City Window.
- Adjusted the hit points of Ogre (10), Ettin (14) and Cyclops (12) units to be more in line with their size. Previously they had basic humanoid hit point values.
- Added a time speed slider to the Battle Window, which lets the player speed up or slow down relative passage of time during the battle.
- Added tooltips to the spell ui in the Battle Window.
- When a battle starts, text will be shown indicating player/opposing forces, fading after some time. The color code legend is still permanent and lists colors and sides/faction.
- During game setup, events and traits related to romance and sexuality can now be enabled/disabled.
- A custom map without (or just one) defined provinces is now usable. The world generator will generate provinces as for random maps.
- Fixed a bug related to tooltip formatting which could cause instability and hangs.
- Fixed the mana display on the Battle Window to not show decimals.
- Fixed map labels not always being cleared without reloading when destroying sites.
- Fixed Mine construction requiring Earth mastery 3 and not 2 as shown in the tooltip.
- Fixed Quarry construction requiring Enchantment mastery instead of Earth mastery, as shown and intended.
- Fixed the Special Tax on cities giving way too much gold in some cases.
- Fixed City leaders not belonging to the correct faction for independent cities.
- Fixed glitch with road graphics at hex transitions.
- Fixed issue with text formatting for some random events.
- Fixed issue with battle log timestamp not being relative to the battle.
- Fixed a number of possible crash/hang scenarios during turn processing (ie world simulation and AI).
- Fixed Baleful Strength not being castable during battles.
- Fixed a world generation crash bug related to province analysis.
- Fixed a bug on the victory conditions tracking display where incorrect text would be appended.
- New world map graphics for all terrain types and some sites (3 sizes of 2 city variants and wizard towers). There are still aspects of the world map pending overhaul: armies, the remaining sites, province borders, rivers, coastlines, fog-of-war.
- During battles hovering over a unit will display it's stats, attacks and abilities on a "unit card" panel. The display is sticky until hovering over a new unit, and has a minimize/maximize button.
- Spells can be cast during battles. Many battle spells do not have implemented effects yet and the ones that do, do not have any sound or visual effects yet.
- Added a pre-battle phase, where depending on the nature of the battle and opposing forces there may be one or more choices to make. These can affect the battle or even potentially avoid it (e.g. a successful retreat before battle occurs).[/li]
- Battles can now be paused.
- The Battle Window now stays open when a battle ends, allowing the player time to read the log and inspect the battlefield, until clicking the close button.
- The Battle Window log now appends messages to the top instead of the bottom.
- Reworked physical damage bonus due to strength to depend on weapon-specific values and be less advantageous to strong units
- Changed battle window side-specific unit and log colors to be more readable and accommodate color-blindness.
- The Battle Window log now includes a timestamp for each line.
Spells and Magic
- Fireball (battle spell). It deals 8 Fire damage to up to 10 targets in a unit.
- Power Word: Pain (battle spell). It deals 4 Dark damage to 20% of the targets in a unit. The unit suffers -1 Discipline, -1 Shock and -1
Melee Skill for 10 seconds if living and not mindless or hardy.
- Terrible Visage (battle spell). It gives the target unit the Terror special ability for 4 seconds. This ability reduces the effective courage of opposing units which are not mindless or terror-causing - and as such the spell can also be used to grant (temporary) immunity when faced with a terror-causing foe.
- Shrapnel (battle spell). It inflicts 25 + (25% of target unit size) hits for 4 Physical damage, increased to 6 if target unit has armor less than 3.
- Curse of Rust (battle spell). Reduces armor of a unit by 7 (down to 0). Can only target units with metal armor and/or the Metal tag.
- Hellfire (battle spell). It causes the target unit to suffer 2-10 hits for 3 Dire+ 3 Dark damage very 4 seconds for 16 seconds. While in effect, any Demons attacking the target gain a temporary buff "Vigor: Hellfire" which gives +2 Melee Skill, +2 Fire Damage and +3 Courage.
- Lightning Bolt (battle spell). It which deals up to 5 hits for 12 Lightning damage to the target. If the unit is
wearing metal armor, the numbers of hits is doubled and the damage increased by 50%.
- Magic Missiles (battle spell). It causes 7-18 hits for 6 Arcane damage to the target.
- Blur (battle spell). It gives Ranged Avoidance to the target for the remainder of the battle (or until dispelled).
- Rapid Reload (battle spell). It halves the reload delay of a crossbow-using unit for 8 seconds. It is not auto-granted by mastery progression but needs to be researched (prerequisites are Artifice 3 and War 1).
- Boost Constructs (battle spell). Usable on Constructs, giving +1 Melee Skill, +1 Melee Power, +1 Melee Shock, +2 Movement for 5 seconds.
- Disassemble (battle spell). Usable on Constructs, causing 5-25 hits for 10 True damage, but with (5+Hit Points+Controller Artifice Mastery)% to resist. Each kill grants 1 Mana to the caster. The spell is not auto-granted by mastery progression but needs to be researched (prerequisites are Artifice 5 and Destruction 3).
- Compression is now used to reduce the size of save game files.
- Optimized the save game code. As the majority of turn processing is taken up by the auto-save, this has a significant impact on turn processing speed.
- Foundations for localization/translation added. The language can be changed in the Game Settings window. Currently only the main menu is translated. Also note the list of languages is not final, and may or may not reflect the order in which localization occurs.
- Extended the tutorial to cover the different parts of the Wizard/Magic window.
- Names are now generated for Oceans, Seas and Lakes.
- New terrain types: Arctic Hills, Arctic Mountains, Taiga (Arctic Forest), Arid Hills, Arid Mountains, Shrublands, Marsh, Forested Hills, Forested Mountains, Desert Hills, Desert Mountains. World generation will place these according to local climate and humidity.
- City-based rebels can now assault their origin city without sieging. This also fixes an issue where the rebel AI could not take back an undefended city due to a reluctance to commence a siege.
- Wizard Project cost penalty text has been changed to be more clear.
- Added a fade-in effect for tooltips
- Changed tooltips for masteries to have 2 columns
- The City Window now has a button which switches between "Construction" and "Buildings" for player-controlled cities, so that you inspect the already constructed buildings.
- When a follower suggests a task, the dialog now has a side panel with portrait+info for the relevant follower.
- The (active) level up dialog now shows portrait+info for the relevant follower and has tool tips with trait/skill mechanics for the choices.
- The (passive) level up dialog now has tool tips for followers and traits/skills.
- The choice of what to do with the leader of a conquered city (depose/execute/exile/etc.) now includes portrait+info for the leader character.
- Added a button next to the minimap which toggles province borders on/off.
- Added a button next to the minimap which toggles army visibility on/off.
- Added a button next to the minimap which toggles site visibility on/off.
- Added a toggle to hide all the filter buttons.
- Fixed issue with the text in the Wizard Project window being oddly aligned.
- Fixed issue with the text in the Construction Project window being oddly aligned.
- Fixed issue with army icons being minimized without reason.
- Fixed issue with charge status not being applied correctly during battles.
- Fixed issue with units being able to hit retreating enemies from a rather extreme distance with melee attacks
- Fixed issue with weird battle reports in the Encyclopedia for battles resolved via the new battle engine
- Fixed issue with the Demonic Strength spell being permanent instead of lasting 6 turns
- Fixed some difficult-to-click buttons in the game setup.
- Fixed some tooltip alignment issues (particularly visible when using UI scaling).
- Fixed issue with lengthy tooltips extending below the edge of the screen. These are now split into columns, trying to divide along paragraphs/sections.
- Fixed issue with the game setup windows disappearing and bugging the game setup flow.
- Fixed issue with province labels not being cleared when quitting a game until starting a new one.
- Fixed issue with corrupt save games making the load dialog unusable. They will now be marked as unloadable instead, allowing the player to delete
them and/or load a non-corrupted save game.
- Fixed issue with unit/attack abilities: Anti-Cavalry, Anti-Monsters and Monster Slayers. These would cause crashes and hangs in the battle engine.
- Fixed issue with some map sprites being off-center.
- Fixed issue with AI factions conquering a player city not triggering a notification.
- Units with the tag Demon or Demonic Taint now have a 5% higher chance of being affected by Radiant-type attacks and a 10% lower chance of being affected by Dark-type attacks.
- Units with the tag Angel or Celestial now have a 5% higher chance of being affected by Dark-type attacks and a 10% lower chance of being affected by Radiant-type attacks.
- Units with the Semi-Corporeal ability now have a 5% increased chance of being affected by Arcane-type attacks.
- New Attack Modifier: Aura. These attacks always hit (but can be still be resisted). The skill attribute of the attacker does not affect the resolution and the attack cannot be a critical or glancing hit.
- The formula for resolving the chance for shields blocking ranged attacks has been changed from (25 + 5*Discipline)% to (2X + X*Discipline)%. X is based on the block value of the shield (normally in the range of 1 to 5). The Shield Wall ability will add an additional 10% of blocking. Retreating units have the chance reduced to (½x*Discipline)%. If the attack is physical and (base damage+break defense) is greater than block value + 4 (8 with shieldwall), the shield block is skipped.
- Undead/Construct/Demonic removed as special abilities. Tags and other special abilities are now used to handle all effects previously linked to these.
- New Unit Ability: Mindless. Such units are unaffected by (positive and negative) morale effects and all spells/effects relating to thought and/or emotion (charm, mind-control, hypnotism, frenzy, etc.). It also confers a 2% reduced chance of being affected by Radiant and Dark-type attacks.
- New Unit Ability: Limited Mind. Similar to mindless but reduces rather than eliminates the mentioned effects.
- New Unit Ability: Unfeeling. Confers immunity to (positive and negative) morale effects and emotion-related spells/effects (charm, frenzy, berserk, etc.) but not thought-related effects (mind-control, hypnotism, etc.).
- Made engaged units less likely to pivot oddly (still not fully fixed) and tweaked the rotation speed of engaged units to be slower, to make the pivot look less jarring when it does happen.
- The battle window now has a legend showing which side has which color.
- The battle log now has colors on unit names (indicating side).
- During battles retreating units can now more consistently be hit in melee by pursuers.
- The reload delay has been changed from +100% of the melee attack interval to +50%.
- A reloading unit which is attacked in melee will have the attack delay reset, so they can fight immediately.
- Unit special abilities and attack special effects now have tool tips.
- Added a few more variations to the unit name generator.
- Currency name is now listed under culture details.
- Unit Ability: Amphibious now allows movement in coastal water hexes at no movement penalty.
- Unit Ability: Aquatic now allows movement in all water hexes at no movement penalty.
- New Unit Type: Liches. Can be researched with Necromancy 6, Arcane 3, and either Frost 3, Darkness 3 or Arcane 6. Can also be used as a template for dungeon bosses. Default unit size is very low, they are slow, and very difficult to damage with physical/mundane attacks. They have powerful frost-based attacks at medium range, a drain-type attack at short range, and a decent, but low skill, melee attack. They also cause terror and are fearless.
- New Unit Type: Mummies. Can be researched with Necromancy 4, Death 2, and Darkness 2. Can also be used as a template for dungeon bosses. They are slow, strong, extremely tough, but very vulnerable to fire.
- Death Knights: Now have an Aura attack with Dark damage 4.
- Tower Shield renamed to Pavise.
- Double-clicking a portrait in the Party panel on the Followers window is now a shortcut for removing characters from a party.
- When a failed sabotage missions, or other action, results in damage to diplomatic relations, it is no longer ignored if the factions had not yet encountered each other. An initial relation of "Wary/20" is now applied (pre-diplomatic damage) instead of "Neutral/35", which is the normal default relation when encountering a new faction.
- Fixed the cursor being an X during battles taking place outside of the player's turn.
- Fixed wizard tower expansions under construction not being listed when clicking the "Demolish" button in the Wizard Tower window.
- Fixed issue with army general modifiers being applied multiple times.
- Fixed issue with shrines and temples causing the game to hang or end up in a corrupted state.
- Fixed issue with the "buy missing" toggle in the construction project window not working properly if the value was auto-filled and not set by the player.
- Fixed 'shore-only' units being able to venture anywhere. An army containing one or more of these units can no longer traverse fully land-locked terrain.
- Fixed issue with secondary damage not being applied properly during battle resolution.
- Fixed issue with armor penetration/resistance reduction not being applied properly in some cases during battle resolution.
- Fixed issue with line breaks in the text panels on the military window.
- Fixed sabotage missions staying as the active task for operatives even on completion or cancellation
- Fixed sabotage missions not always giving a result text describing the outcome.
- Fixed sabotage teams of a few individuals often killing hundreds of defenders.
* During battles hovering over a unit will display it's stats, attacks and abilities on a "unit card" panel. The display is sticky until hovering over a new unit, and has a minimize/maximize button.
* Spells can be cast during battles. Most battle spells do not have implemented effects yet and the ones that do, do not have any sound or visual effects yet.
* Implemented Fireball (battle spell). It deals 8 Fire damage to up to 10 targets in a unit.
* Implemented Power Word: Pain (battle spell). It deals 4 Dark damage to 20% of the targets in a unit. The unit suffers -1 Discipline, -1 Shock and -1
Melee Skill for 10 seconds if living and not mindless or hardy.
* Implemented Terrible Visage (battle spell). It gives the target unit the Terror special ability for 4 seconds. This ability reduces the effective courage of opposing units which are not mindless or terror-causing - and as such the spell can also be used to grant (temporary) immunity when faced with a terror-causing foe.
* Implemented Shrapnel (battle spell). It inflicts 25 + (25% of target unit size) hits for 4 Physical damage, increased to 6 if target unit has armor less than 3.
* Implemented Curse of Rust (battle spell). Reduces armor of a unit by 7 (down to 0). Can only target units with metal armor and/or the Metal tag.
* Added a pre-battle phase, where depending on the nature of the battle and opposing forces there may be one or more choices to make. These can affect the battle or even potentially avoid it (e.g. a successful retreat before battle occurs).
* Compression is now used to reduce the size of save game files.
* Optimized the save game code. As the majority of turn processing is taken up by the auto-save, this has a significant impact on turn processing speed.
* Battles can now be paused.
* Wizard Project cost penalty text has been changed to be more clear.
* The Battle Window now stays open when a battle ends, allowing the player time to read the log and inspect the battlefield, until clicking the close button.
* The Battle Window log now appends messages to the top instead of the bottom.
* Reworked physical damage bonus due to strength to depend on weapon-specific values and be less advantageous to strong units
* Changed battle window side-specific unit and log colors to be more readable and accommodate color-blindness.
* Foundations for localization/translation added. The language can be changed in the Game Settings window. Currently only the main menu is translated. Also note the list of languages is not final, and may or may not reflect the order in which localization occurs.
* Fixed issue with the text in the Wizard Project window being oddly aligned.
* Fixed issue with the text in the Construction Project window being oddly aligned.
* Fixed issue with army icons being minimized without reason.
* Fixed issue with charge status not being applied correctly during battles.
* Fixed issue with units being able to hit retreating enemies from a rather extreme distance with melee attacks
* Fixed issue with weird battle reports in the Encyclopedia for battles resolved via the new battle engine
* Fixed issue with the Demonic Strength spell being permanent instead of lasting 6 turns
- The Army Window now shows tool tips for unit equipment.
- The Army Window now shows Culture (with tool tip) for relevant units.
- The Army Window now has a drop down for section (main/scout/vanguard/reserves) assignment from the Unit Details. From the management view, double-clicking a unit in one of the non-main section will remove from the section (ie assign it to the main force).
- Changed the display of unit attributes to more clearly indicate the breakdown of current, base and bonus/penalty values.
- Shift+right-click will now copy the text from most text areas, panels, etc. to the clipboard. Ctrl+right-click will copy the clicked word and not the entire text. This can be used for bug reports, pasting into a translation tool, etc.
- Cleared dungeons are now marked as such on the map and in the Dungeon window.
- A new optional battle resolution mode has been added, where the armies move and fight in real-time. This is a quite basic first version, and a lot of features are yet to be added. The pace is very slow, the AI not very bright, and the graphics are placeholders.
- Reworked the "Melee Damage" attribute of Units. It was previously a combination of default attack damage and physical strength, and didn't interact very well with the attacks granted by weapons. The attribute is now "Strength" and if lower than 5 gives a penalty to damage with weapon attacks; if higher a bonus is applied. In the future it will also be used (in combination with size) to determine the allowable weight of weapons for a unit and whether two hands are needed. In most parts of the UI it will still be displayed as Melee Damage but based upon (Strength - 5). Damage bonuses for values above 10 are doubled.
- Nomad Camp Sites can now be assaulted. If the attacker is victorious, the camp is removed from the map and an army representing the migrating remnants will appear. They will try to find a new place to settle.
- Tweaked the stats of Lesser Vampires.
- Added Unit Type: Vampires. Requires Necromancy 5, Blood 4 to research raising them and Necromancy 6, Darkness 5 to research summoning them.
- Added Unit Type: Elder Vampires. Requires Necromancy 7,Darkness 6 to research summoning them.
- New Building: Gardens. Requires Semi-Cultured or higher. --Squalor, -Unrest, +Decadence. Cheap, but takes a very long time to construct.
- New Building: Granary. Requires Primitive or higher. +Population Growth.
- New Building: Shipyards. Requires Barbarian or higher and coastal location. ++Prosperity, +Industry.
- New Building: Aqueduct. Requires Cultured or Highly Cultured. --Squalor, +Population Growth, +Industry. Has a maintenance cost as the first building type (reduces city gold output by 50). This will be expanded to other relevant buildings later.
- New Building: Festering Lake. Requires Pestilence Mastery 3+ and temperate or warmer climate. +30 Squalor, +learning, +decadence, +industry, ---population growth, --prosperity, +research, +unrest.
- Tweaked the Unrest contributions of a few city buildings.
- Reduced the Squalor contributions of a few city buildings.
- Order Mastery progress is increased by a value derived from the controlled city with the lowest combined Squalor and Unrest, and a value derived from the number of controlled cities with low combined Squalor and Unrest (contributions scaling with how low the combined score is). This bonus is capped at 4 + (Order Mastery Level).
- Chaos Mastery progress is increased by a value derived from the controlled city with the highest Unrest, and a value derived from the total Unrest values of controlled cities with Unrest of at least 25. This bonus is capped at 4 + (Chaos Mastery Level).
- Shadow Mastery progress is now increased by ½ for each follower on a covert mission (Espionage, Counter Espionage, Sabotage, Theft, etc.), doubled for followers who have the Arcane type. This bonus is capped at ½+ (Shadow Mastery Level / 2).
- War Mastery progress is now increased by a value derived from the highest Martial attribute of any controlled cities and by a value derived from the combined Martial levels of owned cities with Martial levels higher than 3.
- City Squalor now contributes to Pestilence Mastery progress. A value from ½ to (Pestilence Level+1) is contributed by the city with the highest Squalor, and a value from ½ to 4 is contributed by the sum of Squalor in all cities with > 25 Squalor.
- Active Research Projects now show the contribution of various factors to progress during the previous turn as a tool tip.
- Spellcraft: Drain Mana Nodes added. When researched it enables draining Mana Nodes for a large instant mana gain (approx. 750% of the per turn production when bound). However, this makes the node inactive for 8-12 turns, during which it cannot be drained and provides no mana to the controller.
- When choosing which Wizard Tower Expansion to build, the fluffy vague description of most expansion types has been replaced with a summary of the relevant mechanics.
- Shrine (Wizard Tower Expansion) now only applies a passive +1 xp bonus to non-recovering Religious followers of level 5 or lower. (previously only required Religious).
- Arena (Wizard Tower Expansion) now only applies a passive +1 xp bonus to non-recovering Martial followers of level 5 or lower. (previously only required Martial).
- Guest Chambers (Wizard Tower Expansion) now has a passive +1 xp bonus to non-recovering Civic followers of level 5 or lower.
- Bazaar (Wizard Tower Expansion) now has a 5% chance per non-recovering Mercantile follower at the tower to generate (follower level + D10)*25 gold, and an additional +1 xp for the follower. The existing passive +1 xp bonus now only applies to non-recovering Mercantile followers of level 5 or lower.
- Mystic Furnace (Wizard Tower Expansion) now gives a progress bonus to Enchant Item and Devise Construct projects of 5 research points + 1 per non-recovering Artisan follower (up to 5) at the tower. The passive +1 xp bonus now only applies to non-recovering Artisan followers of level 5 or lower.
- Academy (Wizard Tower Expansion) now gives a progress bonus to Research Lore projects of 5 research points + 1 per non-recovering Scholar follower (up to 5) at the tower. If any Scholars are present, there is a chance for non-Scholar followers (of level 5 or lower) to gain 1 xp. This chance is 5% + 5% per Scholar (up to 5) + 25% if one or more Scholars with the Mentor trait are present. The passive +1 xp bonus now only applies to non-recovering Scholar followers of level 5 or lower, and no longer applies to Civic followers (unless one of the other conditions apply).
- Arcane Laboratory (Wizard Tower Expansion) now gives a 5% each turn to add 25% progress to research projects of types: Greater Alchemy, Unlock Mastery, Research Spellcraft and Research Spell. It also modifies the progress by 1 research point for each non-recovering Arcane follower at the tower (with a maximum of 5 gained this way). The passive +1 xp bonus now only applies to non-recovering Arcane followers of level 5 or
- Wizard Tower expansions can now be demolished, recouping 25% of the construction cost (and freeing the slot for construction). This can be accessed from the "Demolish Expansion" button or by clicking the expansion icon (will give a yes/no prompt and list resource gain).
- Wizard Tower expansion construction can now be cancelled, recouping 50% of the construction cost. This can be done by clicking the expansion icon (will give a yes/no prompt and list resource gain).
- Wizard Tower expansion construction now colors resources which are fully or partially missing. It also lists the cost to buy missing resources if applicable, and auto-buys them if the player chooses the expansion type for construction.
- Fixed an issue with calculating the possibility of purchasing missing resources which made the AI take incorrect decisions and sometimes
- Fixed the outliner and info/resource panel not updating after taking actions in the Wizard Tower window.
- Fixed the dialog with Wizard Tower expansions having OK enabled for invalid options, resulting in a confusing lack of feedback when it was clicked.
- Army icons were being minimized on the map even if selected when progressing the turn and in many other cases. They now stay in front
until a new selection is made.
- Fixed duration not ticking on some City stats (e.g. Squalor).
- Fixed city building construction progress being incorrect in the Outliner.
- Fixed shrine sites not saving patron deity. For old save games, the fix will try to find the deity based on the description text of the shrine,
which should work in the vast majority of cases.
- The Dark Tome event was not interacting properly with the new research system.
- Fixed an issue with unit types being created without correct tags and attacks if copied internally from a template or another unit type.
- During world generation Dungeons are no longer populated with bosses that have unimplemented character or monster types.
- Fixed issue with melee damage modifiers due to spells and effects not being applied to unit attacks not based on equipment/items.
- Fixed issue with army destruction/disbanding sometimes not being processed correctly, leading to weird character assignment, "dangling" effects, etc.
- Unit commanders are no longer lost when a merging a non-commanded unit with a commanded unit.
- Fixed issue with "Save" button being disabled incorrectly sometimes on the File Dialog.
- Fixed a crash bug which sometimes happened when opening the Hire Follower window.
- Splash screen added to replace the black screen when the game is launched.
- Extended the "showing-all-characters-but-unavailable-ones-are-dimmed-out-and-have-text-explaining-why" functionality to cover all character selections.
- Conquering a settlement from an independent realm will give control of any adjacent resource sites, not adjacent to a fortress or other settlement of that independent realm.
- Added modifier tool tips to additional city stats: unrest, tyranny, squalor and fortification.
- Spell: Scales of Justice implemented. It decreases crime, unrest and decadence in a city.
- Spell: Depravity implemented. It increases crime and decadence in a city, but decreases unrest.
- Spell: Demonic Strength implemented. It gives a damage and toughness bonus to the affected unit.
- Bug fix: Non-blight hex conditions were being incorrectly saved.
- Bug fix: Multiple hex conditions in the same hex made save files unable to load.
- Bug fix: Lesser Mass Mutation gave no error message when trying to select an invalid worker.
- Bug fix: Beseech Dark Patron spell was unavailable.
- Bug fix: Spell cooldowns were not applied correctly.
- Bug fix: Modifiers could sometimes cause stats to violate minimum and maximum values (e.g. negative unrest).
- Bug fix: Spells targeting workers with no valid targets gave an empty window. A message is now shown instead.
- Fixed blurry text on various character display elements.
- When choosing a character to be assigned as General or Scout Captain for an army, the list now includes invalid choices as well. The portraits dimmed and if selected, the reason for them not being valid choices is shown.
- Bug Fix: City stat modifiers were not expiring.
- Bug Fix: Neutral minors were not being marked as defeated (although the faction was deactivated and the AI made dormant), meaning they would linger in various parts of the UI.
- Bug Fix: The melee/ranged flag for the attacks of dynamically generated units was not being saved properly, causing them to always load as melee attacks. This is fixed going forward, and when loading a save game having "corrupted" data the game will try to guess how to fix it.
- Bug Fix: Mastery and Spellbook pages were empty in some situations.
- Bug Fix: In Battle Reports the casualty and kill numbers did not align, as "overkill" was being counted as actual kills.
- The Ruler tab on the Quests and Objectives Window now shows any researched Spellcraft.
- The Wizard Tower window now lists effects affecting the site (with details and duration as tooltip).
- The City window now lists effects affecting the site (with details and duration as tooltip). For non-player cities, only effects caused by the player are visible.
- Improved Unit effect display in the Army window to include all relevant effects and details/duration in the tooltip.
- The selection info panel now shows effects if a player-controlled army or site is selected..
- When in selection mode on the map, left-click cycling will adapt to the selection type. For example, when prompted to select an army, sites will not be selected when clicking in a hex. This saves some unnecessary clicks cycling past irrelevant items.
- Cleaned up some more blurry text.
- Clicking on a unit in the Army Window list now acts as a shortcut to go to Unit Details.
- Tags are now shown under Unit Details in the Army Window and in the Military Window.
- Spells with not yet implemented effects are now clearly marked as such in the Spellbook.
- A mastery increase now gives a notification listing new spells, units, mechanics, etc.
- Spellbook now has icons for each spell. If there is no icon defined for a spell yet, the icon for the most relevant mastery will be used.
- The Mastery table now has tooltips. For the progress and usage columns the tooltip will show some mechanics info for these.
- All Masteries now have unique icons
- Air, Earth, Fire and Water Mastery now allows researching summoning of Elementals with the "Summon Elementals" spellcraft as a pre-requisite.
- There is now support for Wizard Research projects being enabled by multiple sets of prerequisites. Previously this required duplicate projects, which was confusing if several prerequisites were met, causing the duplicates to all be researchable. For example, "Spirit Hounds" requires the following masteries: Death 1 + Beasts 1 OR Necromancy 2 + Beasts 1. Thus a Wizard with Death 1, Beasts 1, Necromancy 2, would get two research "Spirit Hounds" options.
- Mastery now increases from casting spells and controlling units.
- Added more Unit Research projects: Lesser Elder Spawn, Demonic Siege Beasts, Lesser Angels of Hope, Lesser Angels of Unity, Hellhounds, Soulgorger Vultures, Skeleton Mages, Imps, Greater Imps.
- Abyssal Mastery now unlocks the following units at the indicated level: Tormented (1), Demonic Spearmen (2), Demonic Macemen (3), Demonic Crossbowmen (4), Demonic Armored Swordsmen (6), Demonic Armored Greatswords (8).
- Added the Bad Moon spell, which doubles the chance of (negative) random events in a province for 4 turns. During the Bad Moon, the caster gains 25 mana for each such event which occurs.
- The Lesser Arcane Ward, Arcane Ward and Greater Arcane Ward spells are now mutually exclusive, but the latter two can replace a less powerful ward.
- The Empower Undead spell has been renamed to Necropotence. It can only target (friendly) Undead units and gives +2 Movement, +1 Melee Skill, +2 Melee Damage and +2 Toughness for 2 Turns, after which it has 50% to deal 1%-20% damage (of maximum unit strength) to the unit. It cannot be dispelled.
- The Iron Skin spell now grants the Metal type to a unit for it's duration (in addition to the other effects). It can now only target units which are not of type Spectral or Air.
- The Incite Unrest spell can now only target settlements with less than 75 Unrest, and cannot increase it beyond this value.
- The Barkskin spell now grants the Plant type to a unit for it's duration (in addition to the other effects). It can now only target Living and Non-Plant units.
- The Stoneskin spell now grants the Earth type to a unit for it's duration (in addition to the other effects). It can now only target units which are not of type Elemental, Spectral or Earth.
- Implemented the Flash of Insight spell. It can target friendly characters of level 4 or less. A character cannot be targeted more than once every 24 turns.
- Implemented the Feral Strength spell. It can now only target units which are Living and not Magical.
- implemented the Hurricane spell (reduce movement next to turn to 1, damages flying units on land/most units on water, 50% to blow fleets into an adjacent hex). Spectral units are immune. Aquatic and Water units are immune on water.
- Implemented the Rain of Fire spell. (it deals Fire damage to all armies in the Hex. Site damage part NYI).
- Implemented the Empowered Furnaces spell (Settlement Target: +2 Industry Growth. Any Target: -50% Recruitment Time (Armored Units).
- Implemented the Reaper's Due spell (damages Undead units in a hex).
- Implemented the Curse of Rot spell (gives -2 population growth, -2 prosperity, -1 industry, +1 sprituality and adds to squalor 5+10% of existing value, and destroys 25% of any stored food).
- Implemented the Dark Rituals spell (requires a follower to assist who will be fatigued, and may suffer death/injury/possession, gain 6D6 mana and 6D6 mastery progress).
- Implemented the Blood Sacrifice spell (sacrifice city population to gain 6D6 mana and 6D6 mastery progress).
- Implemented the Mend Constructs spell (it replenishes losses suffered by a Construct unit).
- Implemented the Dispel Magic spell (it removes magical effects from the target, potentially skipping positive/negative effects if a mix is present and as relevant if the target is friendly or non-friendly).
- Implemented the Entangle spell. It can be cast on an army in a Forest, Swamp or Jungle hex. It reduces the movement speed of non-Flying, non-Elemental, non-Spectral units to 1 during the next turn. Units with Pathfinder have a 25% chance to resist the effect, and if affected only suffer a 50% reduction in movement speed.
- Implemented the Call to Arms spell. It can target a Settlement, Fortress or Wizard Tower, and reduces the time needed to recruit/train new units by 25% (does not affect Bind, Summon, Create, etc.). Settlements also receive a +1 bonus to martial.
- The spell "Create Mongrel Men" is now "Lesser Mass Mutation", and the created unit is now "Mutants".
- Added Nereids, an Ocean-based faerie similar to Dryads.
- Added Medusae, humanoids with serpentine features and a petrifying gaze.
- Effects can now be marked as Positive, Negative, both or neither. This is relevant for various mechanics and the AI.
- Custom Constructs now have relevant material-related type tags assigned (Metal, Earth, Bone, etc), as well as the Construct type.
- Silk has been added as a resource type. It is tradable on the Market, but there are no production sources yet.
- Optimized some core text routines increasing world generation speed and turn processing speed.
- Optimized some of the core content generation code increasing world generation speed.
- Refactored the way pre-defined unit types are stores and accessed, improving performance and robustness.
- Wizard AI now makes use of research projects.
- The Slave Uprising event can now occur in Cities with a Slave Market *or* a primary culture which has the Slavery trait (previously required both). Where it previously only gave Unrest, it now also has a chance to spawn an army of Escaped Slaves. In addition for 24 turns, the City suffers +2 Crime,
-2 Industry, -2 Prosperity and -1 Populace.
- The Superstition event now gives a City +1 Spiritual and -1 Learning modifiers (for 12 turns) in addition to the Unrest.
- The "Theft" event now has the loss of gold capped at 2000 gold.
- The "Scarecrow Incident" event can now be triggered by all three levels of Scarecrow units, and not just Lesser Scarecrows.
- Fixed issues with terrain analysis during world generation.
- Fixed an issue with some aspect ratios and resolutions having incorrect row layout in the Wizard Mastery table-view.
- Fixed Slave Uprising event sometimes being resolved as a Tournament.
- Disease events which only affected a City and not a Province had no effect. The effects are now aligned.
- Unit upkeep was calculated in two subtly different ways in the user interface and during turn processing. This has now been unified.
- Fixed issue with Unit upkeep and cost modifiers from Summoning and Binding mastery not being applied.
- Fixed an issue with negative time required to summon or bind some units.
- Fixed an issue with the Next/Prev buttons in the Spellbook panel.
- Fixed an issue with the No Upkeep unit effect never expiring.
- Fixed armor stat not being listed in the Army Window.
- Fixed wizard project list view retaining scroll offset when changing category, causing contents to be not visible in some cases.
- Progress required towards mastery levels now changes based on level (L1: 40, L2: 75, L3+:100, L6:125, L7:150, L8:175, etc.).
- The window for resource site construction now shows any requirements for workers and/or characters on the Add buttons.
- The Army window now shows requirements as a tooltip on the Assign General and Assign Scout Captain buttons.
- The Types of a Character are now visible as a tooltip on their class (ie Martial, Rogue, Religious, Arcane, Scholar, Civic, Artisan).
- Quarry sites now produce Jade if the hex has a Jade Deposit special. Previously only Mine sites did this.
- Quarry sites now always produce some Granite regardless of any resource specials in the hex. A Quarry with no specials produces twice as much Granite.
- Bug Fix: You can now buy and sell the full amount of a resource (in market or owned, depending on buy/sell), instead of having to leave 1 remaining.
- Bug Fix: The assignment buttons on the Army Window no longer incorrectly show "No Valid Characters" despite the buttons being active and characters being available.
- The research and magic systems have been completely reworked. This includes a rewrite of many underlying systems, especially the "effect" system which handles buffs/debuffs/conditions/etc. Flexibility and extensibility have improved, which will allows a wider range of effects and makes it faster to add new spells and related content.
- Research has been replaced by Mastery, Lore, Spellcraft and Projects.
- Mastery is skill and power at a specific type of magic (e.g. Fire, Arcane, Abyssal, Life). It starts at level 1 once unlocked, and then improves over time by using magic from that mastery. A single mastery can be set as focus, which gives a passive increase in power. If no focus is set, the passive gain is spread over all unlocked masteries. Note: Raising mastery level is not currently enabled.
- Mastery levels unlock spells, units, projects and mechanics.
- Lore represents an area of knowledge. It currently has no effect, but in future updates it will affect unlocking of projects, events, give a bonus to fighting certain enemies, and more.
- Projects are a wide variety of arcane pursuits, for example researching new spells, units, designs for arcane constructs, unlocking masteries and spellcraft. Examples of spellcraft: "Summon Demons", "Bind Faeries". These control access to further projects and/or have inherent mechanics.
- Mana Nodes can be located once a requisite spellcraft ("Sense Mana Nodes") has been researched.
- Mana Nodes can be located once a requisite spellcraft ("Bind Mana Nodes") has been researched.
- Diplomacy actions are no longer limited by research for Wizards.
- The Bazaar wizard tower upgrade now has the positive market price modifiers previously held by the "Basic Commerce" research (which no longer exists).
- The Barracks wizard tower upgrade now grants the "Create Personal Guard" action previously granted by researching Leadership.
- More blurry text has been replaced.
- Layout of actions button has been changed to make text more readable and overlap less with the icon image.
- Construction projects now show missing resources with red text and the exact amount missing as a tooltip.
- Custom wizard templates are now persisted across sessions.
- Custom wizard templates can now be deleted.
- Army tool tips now show effects (ie buff/debuff/special condition). All effects on player-controlled armies are shown. On other armies only effects caused by the player are shown.
- Many spells have been changed, a few have been removed and a few have been added. Numerical values (cost, buff/damage values, etc.) have not received a balance pass yet. Some of the spells do not have implemented effects, this will be fixed over the coming days.
- Spirit Hound unit type added. Must be researched. Requires Death 1 or Necromancy 2, Beasts 1 and Spirit Summoning.
- Movement through water hexes now cost the full movement allowance of an army instead of 100. Has the same effect, but is less confusing and interacts better with various free movement mechanics.
- Game version is now written in the Save Game summary and shown on the Load dialog.
- Bugfix: Fixed path-finding algorithm not considering army special abilities when finding the shortest path.
- Bugfix: Armies which receive one or more moves at cost 0 are now also counted as having moved for the purpose of mechanics checking this. (prevents some unlimited move exploits and weird situations with sieging/pillaging/etc).
- Bugfix: Fixed (rare) issue with starting units for undead/necromancer wizards with beast magic.
- Bugfix: The Midas Touched trait interaction with market prices is now consistent.
- Bugfix: Buy and sell prices on the market did not always have the right modifiers applied.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with tooltips flickering briefly when the mouse was moved quickly from one interface element to another (both having tool tips).
- Bugfix: Fixed missing scrollbars on the Army Window under Unit Details.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with tooltips missing on the selected hex.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with unit attacks using skill 0 instead of the default skill value, for some attacks with non-specific skill values.