[Bug-Win] [0.9.104] Hero trainer option missing

Contribute bug reports and play test feedback. Known Bugs & Issues.
simpkin_11

[Bug-Win] [0.9.104] Hero trainer option missing

Post by simpkin_11 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:59 pm

Option to add a hero to recruitment window vanishes.

Prior to this I had a hero training Gnome archers.
I then decided to put the same her in as a commander of an army. (removed hero from training archers and their training time increased)

After the battle, I went to recruit a new unit, and select the hero from the army to train them. The option is now gone.

I removed the hero (the only one I have that can train or lead armies) from the army (1 turn later) to see if the option returns, it did not.

Also note, that If a hero is currently assigned to a task, selecting them for training duty does not seem to remove the hero from his current task.
I have seen this cause the hero to train with the unit one turn, then return to what he was previously doing. The training time for the unit increases to match this.
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (452.28 KiB) Viewed 56 times

simpkin_11

Re: [Bug-Win] [0.9.104] Hero trainer option missing

Post by simpkin_11 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:18 pm

A few turns later, the option came back up...

I only tried after the army with my hero returned to the tower, and I removed him from the army again.

Since he is my only hero that can train, does the option have a cooldown when he is involved in a battle?

Does the option not even show up if I have no hero capable of training a unit?

Ludovic
Site Admin

Re: [Bug-Win] [0.9.104] Hero trainer option missing

Post by Ludovic » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:23 am

Just checked and it is indeed hidden if no valid trainer is available. That's not very good UI design, as it doesn't let you look at why characters are not available/valid. I am changing this, as it's pretty quick thing to fix. Thanks for the thorough bug report - made it much quicker to locate and fix the issues.

Edit: I've made the button always present. For recruit/summon it will open the list of characters, and if not available the reason is shown on each. For other "bind"-type recruitment the button is disabled, and a tooltip shows why.