[Balance] Call for Heroes perk

Contribute bug reports and play test feedback. Known Bugs & Issues.
simpkin_11

[Balance] Call for Heroes perk

Post by simpkin_11 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:44 pm

I have no idea what to do with all of these heroes, every turn I have 5 or 6 just asking for things to do.

It seems like the perk is kicking off at random times based on screen changes.
the icon shows up sometimes (but not every time) when I sell things at the market, or inspect the tower. (when it does not show up at turn start)

It only seems to kick off at most once per turn, but not every turn.

Turn 75, I have 20 Heroes, and that is after at least 5 were killed off while exploring a dungeon.

This currently seems excessive with the limited amount of things they can do (mostly used for exploring)

If they could be more useful for random things, like "Go improve the local defense" or "Go fetch me 50 buckets of water", " go to the north woods and kill 5 rats" ... hero things..

Ludovic
Site Admin

Re: [Balance] Call for Heroes perk

Post by Ludovic » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:09 pm

Yes, I agree. With the current UI and available tasks, the number of followers/heroes is too high.

The Call for Heroes perk ability has a 20 turn cooldown, but it sounds like one of the UI Update triggers is causing the cooldown to count down. I will investigate.

Edit: Yup, found the issue. Cooldown was being processed when the UI was updated. I have fixed the issue and changed the action to always be shown, but disabled with a tooltip when on cooldown.