[Bug/Win] Loot Seriously out of balance

Contribute bug reports and play test feedback. Known Bugs & Issues.
hooster1

[Bug/Win] Loot Seriously out of balance

Post by hooster1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:10 am

Sorry, but this game will not be complete unless Treents give lumber as loot.

You kill them, there is at least kindling left!

Along the same lines, Skeles should give mostly bones, Pirates should have rum...unless they have been on land awhile, then they should have gold and empty bottles...all the rum is gone. Oozes should have icor, stage coaches should have strong boxes with gold and gems...oh, sorry, wrong game. Stone golumns should have granite. Iron golumns should have metal or iron. Evil walking pumpkins should have...seeds? No, Pie! I guess we have to figure out where to get whipped cream now.

Yes, the theme here is that there are certain types of monsters that should have a high possibility of having a certain type of loot, even if it's fun or silly.

Ludovic
Site Admin

Re: [Bug/Win] Loot Seriously out of balance

Post by Ludovic » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:33 pm

It's not a bad point, really. I hadn't considered this in the context of Treants, but I have actually given it some thought in regards to elementals, golems, monsters, etc. Currently loot is based on what it costs to recruit/summon a regiment, but ideally I would like loot from battles to be generated based on:

a) Army supply train. This is gold, food and/or supplies if relevant to the army or part of it.
b) Unit equipment. This would represent looting the fallen for weapons, armor and valuable materials.
c) Valuable materials from the fallen individuals themselves. Fur, bone, meat from various living creatures, perhaps even something like dragonscale or other special materials (although it's not an immediate concertn to have this level of detail), but also wood from treants, magical rocks from earth elementals, ectoplasma from spectral units, etc.

There is a lot of other stuff of higher importance, but this is the direction I would like to take it. It's not a huge amount of work, so I am pretty confident it will get in eventually, but there are other aspects of economy, loot and unit mechanics that I want to prioritize currently.

hooster1

Re: [Bug/Win] Loot Seriously out of balance

Post by hooster1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:40 pm

Yes, there are many more important things to be put in.

I'm glad you are thinking things like this could be put in. It was more of a joke, but with a kernel of truth to it.

I am starting to find some depth in the game, I have studied Rapid Reloads (which could use a little more information...that it only works with crossbows), and I am studying Mithral.

The hint that no advancement in studying ?? from exploring a dungeon is intriguing. Good job in having hidden depth in the game. I'm enjoying trying to find things.