[Bug/Win] Ghost Unit

Contribute bug reports and play test feedback. Known Bugs & Issues.
hooster1

[Bug/Win] Ghost Unit

Post by hooster1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:15 am

V: 0.9.101.2

I have a ghost unit with no name in the recruiting. I can purchase him and use him in battle.

The display of how much a unit hits for has gone away. It was useful in deciding if a unit was really what you were after.

Overall, you have swatted a lot of the nasty bugs. I started a new game and got up to turn 127 already without a crash. Good job!
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (73.65 KiB) Viewed 94 times

Ludovic
Site Admin

Re: [Bug/Win] Ghost Unit

Post by Ludovic » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:00 pm

Thanks for the screenshot! It helps a lot to know the unit weapons/language/culture when troubleshooting the unit name generator.

I will fix the missing attack preview in the next update. For the curious about why this bug happened: It's an oversight I made after the equipment system change. Previously equipment attacks and stats were "baked" into the unit type when it was generated. After the change, units have a list of equipment objects (to facilitate materials, enchantments, unit upgrades, etc.) - and the unit type just has a template of equipment, which can be overriden and/or modified by the engine without affecting all units of this type. The recruitment window uses a temporary equipment object to show the effects of regiment equipment (e.g. on armor), but I missed adding the attacks from this temporary object to the display.

Glad to hear about the stability improvements.