[Balance] Missing feature

Contribute bug reports and play test feedback. Known Bugs & Issues.
hooster1

[Balance] Missing feature

Post by hooster1 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:33 am

We have spells, mages, warlords, magical beings.

But the clerics have no healing spells. I'm not sure if their Banish spells work - I haven't seen where it might, perhaps combat if the cleric is a general?

I do not see healing on the life, light or creation lines

It might also be a nice building to have as something able to be constructed and even upgraded. Aid Station, Healers Hut, Halls of Healing - +5, +10, +15 units per turn the place is not under attack. Perhaps limit the size of the hospital to the size of the settlement.

Mages that study the healing arts might have healing spells cast say once per turn on a stack (+5 units), and another spell castable in battle. Cure light wounds +5, Cure medium wounds, cure deep wounds, cure critical wounds, +10, +15, +20 units. Of course, spamming these spells will eat up your mana like a thirsty man in the desert drinks water.

Ludovic
Site Admin

Re: [Balance] Missing feature

Post by Ludovic » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:53 am

This is correct. The only healing-related mechanics implemented currently are:

Enchant Fountain (Tower Expansion): Halves the recovery time of fatigued and injured followers.
Regeneration/Limited Regeneration (Unit Abilities): Post-battle unit strength replenishment earlier and faster than other units.
Cleansing Rains (Water Spell): Heals 15% of missing unit strength (ie. max - current strength). Double for units with the Plant, Mud and/or Water tag. Does not work on non-living units.

I have updated the road map to include the implementation of additional healing spells/abilities (and the Vampiric + Feast abilities).

hooster1

Re: [Balance] Missing feature

Post by hooster1 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:34 pm

I don't know if it would fit in the road map, but it might be interesting to add a healer's slot to an army - if you add a healer, you can cast healing spells in battles.

I guess you could do the same with any other supporter type, but that kind of goes against You, being a wizard commander, can cast all of those spells yourself. Perhaps a handy but limited addition for Warlords as they by themselves would not have spell ability, except perhaps for fighting/moral boosting/debuffing abilities like the spell casters have for magic.

I think a limited ability to add a magic user to an army could work without too much change to the code, but of course, I have no idea. Some supporters have tracking, woodcraft, amphibious assault abilities that if attached to the army allows those bonuses. Healing, would not be a stretch. Extended spotting range for units with flight. Additional movement in x terrain with x skill.

The code for moving supporters from place to place needs to be more restrictive to prevent a unit hopping from one army to the next. Perhaps only apply the bonus at the start of the turn would be an easy way to enforce the rule without changing much of the code.

It would make your supporters more valuable and useful in the game.