[Bug/Win] General hopping

Contribute bug reports and play test feedback. Known Bugs & Issues.
hooster1

[Bug/Win] General hopping

Post by hooster1 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Currently, you can have multiple armies going to battle in a turn.
You can assign and reassign your general to each battle as you go along.

That is even before I added an aviary to my castle that gives the 'fly follower spell'
Speaking of that aviary, perhaps I should take the great horned owl statue off the top of my tower. No winged units were available to train or buy after I added it. There seems to be no distance penalty for followers to go from assignment to assignment, so no need for the fly follower spell (for now).

I am assuming that the natural wonders have not been fully added in yet. Geysers, Volcanoes, Mana nodes, Ancient ruins, Pyramids.

Haha, so much potential. Not enough time to code, test, let alone document all the goodies. Your update notes are good, they give us an idea of what is new so we can help test it.

Ludovic
Site Admin

Re: [Bug/Win] General hopping

Post by Ludovic » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:52 am

The "fly follower" did work at one point. There is a distance penalty for some assignments, but it's not as severe as it used to be and also doesnt apply universally. I will add the fly follower code and the stable movement bonus code to my list of stuff to check for consistency/bugs.

Good point about reassigning generals needing to be blocked/delayed if the general has participated in any kind of movement or battle with the army.

Yes, the world features/wonders you mention are mostly without much functionality:
- Mana Nodes have some actions/events/mechanics attached, but as you mention in another bug report, there are some issues.
- Geysers improve the food yield of Farms.
- Volcano adds Obsidian to the yield of Quarries.

Back to the bug fixing for me now.

hooster1

Post by hooster1 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:50 am

On a similar vein, workers can be used for multiple projects the same turn.

Use elves to build an instant outpost, and in the same turn, you can use them again to build a farm in that fertile field next to your new outpost.

I have also reassigned overseers once a project is started. I would think, you take away the boss, the workers will play. If their opinion of you is bad enough, they may trade your goods with the local ale salesman. If they are really bad, they may take down your progress...maybe even become rebels?

Ludovic
Site Admin

Post by Ludovic » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:32 pm

I'll look into doing something about the hyperactive workers (getting rid of instant construction) and make sure the same logic applied to generals to prevent army-hopping is also applied to overseers.