[Balance] Ending battles and loot

Contribute bug reports and play test feedback. Known Bugs & Issues.
hooster1

[Balance] Ending battles and loot

Post by hooster1 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:23 am

When fighting a single unit, I broke it and they were running...faster than my units of course.

I fried the last few with fireballs, I checked that all were dead, however the block kept running away off the screen. My units followed...off the cliff as well. The last unit was a little smarter and did not follow.
After another 30 seconds the battle finished.
I won, this time. I saw another similar one where it was a draw.

It would be nice that when you kill the last soldier on the other side, battle stops then, not when most of the blocks have left the field. If the survivors want to loot the field, fine. I would rather not watch. ;-)

I would also think if you kill the other side, you should at least get some rewards. These were a small town rebel uprising. No loot. Cheap peasants!
Last edited by hooster1 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ludovic
Site Admin

Re: [Balance]

Post by Ludovic » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:28 am

Yeah, this weird end to battles is a bug. Seems to have appeared a few versions ago.

There are some armies which carry loot, namely the random monsters and then nomad raiders who've looted a city. Good point about "regular" armies (and scruffy peasants) needing to yield something as well. The quartermaster is gonna have a pay chest somewhere.

hooster1

Re: [Balance]

Post by hooster1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:37 pm

An added observation.

Pirates have been raiding my province for a while.
Each time they land, they have added a unit. Sometimes they raise one of my buildings.

I finally built enough units to take them on.
It was a massive battle at turn 175, and my general was brilliant, having a few units run past their 10 units and just keep going on to the top of the screen. It was so brilliant, even I did not know what she was doing. My remaining units and lots of spells later (I have learned all the battle magic spells), I broke the pirates and the scurvy scum broke and ran.
The next turn, my tired and bloody band oh heroes one again donned armor and refilled quivers and sallied forth across the blood filled valley to the hill the blaggards retreated to and rid my lands of the scourge to a man.

And the loot from the massive double battle against 10 units was...none.

I guess the victors must be satisfied with a 'well done' from the general and their bravery and valor shall be immortalized in songs and tales the bards of the land will tell the spell bound peasants in taverns around the land for a generation.

Ludovic
Site Admin

Re: [Balance] Ending battles and loot

Post by Ludovic » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Thank you for such an epic tale of heroic battles, tactical genius and despicable pirates!

You must have encountered some particularly cunning pirates, as I haven't been to replicate the unfortunate lack of any spoils of war. My armies have looted trade goods, wine and spices from vanquished pirates. I did however find and fix a bug where a defending victor was give incorrect loot information (but correct loot actually added to the resource piles).

In the interest of making it less likely to disappoint the common soldier with nothing but a commendation and a marching order, I have added the ability for pirates (and their land-bound bandit cousins) to loot the gold of unfortunate settlements. I have also added the generic loot from battles requested, where there is always some loot from defeating enemies, as looted weapons, armor and body parts are gathered up for future use.

hooster1

Re: [Balance] Ending battles and loot

Post by hooster1 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:21 pm

Haha, the game gods are listening.

Awesome.