[Bug-Win] After defeating tower of hostile wizard, cannot attack remaining armies on the map.

Contribute bug reports and play test feedback. Known Bugs & Issues.
simpkin_11

[Bug-Win] After defeating tower of hostile wizard, cannot attack remaining armies on the map.

Post by simpkin_11 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:24 am

Steam version, /64

Defeated a local wizard, afterwards, his remaining armies stayed on the map, and just sat there.
I attempted to move my army on top of theirs, the icon to attack showed up, but clicking it does nothing.

First thought it could be an issue with both armies being called "New Recruits" I changed the name of my army, still no luck.

I was going to attach the saved game, but I can't figure out where they are saved.

Ludovic
Site Admin

Re: [Bug-Win] After defeating tower of hostile wizard, cannot attack remaining armies on the map.

Post by Ludovic » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:15 pm

I've added a fix for this in the next build. Armies will now disband, and the units be disbanded, be converted to marauders or join the mercenary pool, the chance of each determined by the type of unit.

barker_s

Re: [Bug-Win] After defeating tower of hostile wizard, cannot attack remaining armies on the map.

Post by barker_s » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:07 pm

Somewhat related - if the defeated wizard still had some towns under his control when he died, you won't be able to send emissaries to them (they still count as if they were not independent).

Ludovic
Site Admin

Post by Ludovic » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:42 pm

Yes, that is correct. If there was a rebellion in progress, the rebels will take over, but if no rebel faction can be found the city becomes unaligned. And the unaligned faction is an umbrella for various entities that are not valid targets for diplomacy. I'll add the need to create a new independent faction to backlog.