Learn about the game mechanics and modding functionality.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 120
- Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:23 pm
- Prestige: This attribute begins at 0 and changes through various actions and events. Positive prestige gives lowers recruitment costs and diplomacy costs/thresholds, but increases the cost of giving gifts. Negative prestige has the opposite effect.
- Call Great Hunt (action): Summon the greatest hunters to participate in a great hunt. Depending on prey chosen, a succesful hunt can yield gold, influence, followers, etc. while a failed one can result in injured or even dead followers and/or guests.
- Added various random events and quests to the Religious Festival action, the nature and outcome of which varies depending on the deity/religion chosen. These include: Good Omens (Unrest reduction), Portents of Doom (Unrest increase, Unit stat buffs), Ritual Combat, quests forbidding or demanding various actions, Demonic Possession, Gift of Undeath, Blessings, and more.
- Tribal Destiny: Abyssal Rites (Ambition). Reduces cost and cooldown of Religious Festival by 40%. Adds Summon Demons option to the Great Hunt action. Excludes and excluded by Tribal Destiny: Pact With Nature and Tribal Destiny: One With The Land.
- Clan Marriage: Now has a small Gold cost representing dowries and/or bribes.
- Chieftain's Abode/Warlord's Abode/Warlord's Grand Abode/Tribal Palace/Grand Tribal Palace: These camp upgrades no longer increase influence per turn. Instead they give a one-time prestige bonus (which is lost on destruction/downgrade).
- Brewery: This camp upgrade now gives +1 influence per turn.
- Trophy Mounds: Cost changed from 2000 gold to 100 spoils. Also gives 5 prestige on construction.
- Beast Pens: Cost changed from 2500 gold to 1000 gold. Now gives +50% Prestige gain from nearby Great Hunts.
- Spoils distribution has been disabled until it has an actual effect.
- Clans can give quests to defeat marauders. This will improve relations and give some prestige if completed.
- Borders are now enabled when Province mode is entered.
Wizards and Magic
- Rival AI will prioritize recruitment much higher if all their armies have been defeated.
- Rival Wizard AI will now reserve a more reasonable amount of mana when there are unclaimed mana nodes.
- Armies can no longer engage in battle on ocean and lake hexes.
- Low-Life Recruits now reduces Unit cost by 15% (up to 500 gold) rather than 500 gold. This also prevents the cost from becoming negative.
- Cities can now be razed as an alternative to conquest or plunder. This requires a sufficiently large army relative to the city size, and will take 2-8 turns depending on the relative size of the army and city.
- Reduced the chance of marauders, pirates and similar events.
- Patrol province is no longer enabled by a site under siege.
- Slightly reduced save game size.
- Optimized many internal calculations. This will be especially noticeable on 32-bit systems.
User Interface and Graphics
- New Spellcraft: Arcane Trinkets. Requires Arcane 1, Artifice 1, Enchantment 2. Unlocks Arcane Trinkets for new units, which costs 25 mana, 250 gold, 1 jewelry, and gives +1 Armor, +1 Courage, +2 Magical Resistance.
- New Unit Summon: Lesser Ghebborim. Requires research and Summoning 3, Chaos 2, War 1, Planar Lore 2. They are extra-planar shock infantry.
- New Unit Summon: Greater Ghebborim. Requires research and Summoning 4, Chaos 5, War 3, Planar Lore 4. They are extra-planar heavy shock infantry, fearless and well-suited to breaking defensive formations.
- Greater Arcane Ward had Magic Resist bonus reduced from +5 to +3.
- New armies now have more interesting default names.
- Marauders, monsters, pirates and other unaligned armies now have a distinct army sprite.
- Recruitment now auto-purchases missing resources on the market if the player can afford it. The missing resources and cost are shown in the tooltip for the recruit button, if applicable.
- Desertion/Attrition due to missing upkeep now includes a tooltip showing the upkeep of the relevant units.
- Fixed Greater Archons having too few hit points.
- Fixed a bug where the AI "site attacked" logic was not being invoked if the assault failed.
- Fixed display of research project requirements sometimes being glitchy.
- Fixed a bug where army sprites would not correctly be minimized when another army or sprite was in front, at worst causing weird overlap, at best a missing minimized army.
- Battle time speed changes will no longer apply to animations in the rest of the game (ie the main map).
- Pressing space will no longer pause/unpause map animations.
- The army window now shows generic Magical Resistance.
- The military/recruitment window now shows includes modifiers to Resistance and Vulnerability preview.
- The military/recruitment window now shows generic Magical Resistance.
- Fixed a crash bug related to Tribal Destiny: Shamanism and the Spirit Warriors unit modifier.
- Tribal Destiny can no longer be overspent to acquire aspects with a cost higher than the available number of points.
- Text will no longer overflow on the Character/Follower windows when showing large amounts of information. A scrollbar has been added.
- Rival (Wizard/Warlord) AI no longer gets amnesia when saving and reloading. Only applies to new save games.
- Fixed Tribal Destiny: Swift Messengers not being correctly applied.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest