Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:09 pm
- Army General task now requires either the Command trait or Martial type. (previously only the quite rare commanders were assignable).
- Regiments now replenish losses at a rate of 5 per turn. (except a few units which cannot replenish losses)
- Some unit types had no upkeep costs and/or free recruitment. Correct costs have been added.
- Multi-selection is now possible in the Army Reorganization dialog to reduce the number of clicks necessary to split or join large armies.
- Followers can be sent to explore freely if you don’t care if they explore in a particular province. Free Exploration assignments will eventually come to an end, as the expedition tires and/or runs out of supplies. Grants experience and
creates a couple of turns of fatigue for the character. Traits and class affect the expected length of the expedition.
- Followers now gain levels as they gain experience, potentially learning new skills.
- Followers can learn new skills and acquire new traits through events and assignments. Ie sending someone as an emissary to a neutral city
will eventually make them better at diplomacy – or make them depressed or paranoid from the stress of being a terrible diplomat for year.
- Followers now have a patron deity.
- Artist and Musician classes added.
- On the follower assignment dialog, the benefits from assigning a specific follower to govern a city are now shown. The exact effects depend on the skills and traits of the follower – a bloodthirsty governor will boost martial progress in the city, a hedonist will cause decadence, a master of intrigue will increase your influence gain, etc.
- Researching Worship adds a religious-type follower.
- Researching Mana Nodes will now alert you to any nodes discovered in already explored territory.
- There is now a variable construction time per building type. Cultural traits and leader traits affect construction time. Assigning
workers increases construction progress.
- Unrest will now lower the production of a city
- The expected production/income of a city is now shown on the city management dialog
- Archery Range is a new building, unlocking ranged units.
- Ancient Evils now interact with the world, marking and influencing characters, sending strange dreams, spawning monsters, creating climate/terrain change, spreading blight or other terrain modifiers (primal, enchanted, etc.), unleashing rains of blood, corrupting heroes or local wildlife, and much more.
- Constructed shrines will be dedicated to the patron deity of the religious leader during construction (if any).
- Market prices of exotic resources adjusted.
- Resource collection sites (Farms, Mines, Quarries, Vineyards, Hunters' Lodges, Archaeological Excavations) can now be unlocked via research in addition to follower and worker skills, making them more available.
- Rival wizards are now seeded and controlled by a basic AI. Set an AI to Very Easy difficulty to make it inactive.
- The nomad camps of nomadic cultures will now spawn raiders that attack settlements.
- Conquering neutral towns will cause other neutral towns to fear the player and recruit additional defenders. This alertness fades over time.
- Conquering a settlement will now give the player a forced choice on how to deal with the previous ruler
- Followers can be sent as emissaries to neutral cities, giving relation gain and enabling a number of events.
- Neutral cities will warn non-friendly factions which move armies close to their territory. Relations will deteriorate if warning not heeded.
- Neutral cities will request diplomatic connections from newly encountered factions.
- Dark Tome added to loot table. If looted starts an event chain.
- Enchanted Armor added to loot tables. Gives the character a chance to avoid death and/or injury.
- Bag of Holding added to loot tables. Gives a 10% bonus to the amount resources hauled out of a dungeon run.
- Dungeon exploration can be automated on a per-follower basis.
- Ancient pyramids are being seeded as part of world generation again.
- Increased variety of regiment type names and character names.
- Dynamic regiment naming engine improvements including recognizing elemental marks.
- Spells added: Shadow Encumbrance, Blur, Flames of the Phoenix, Mass Resurrection and Baleful Strength.